Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My life is nothing special, I am an average person who faces average everyday issues. The place I currently rest my head at night is a camper van. I have a pet grooming business, I care for my elderly father, I have an older brother and a younger sister. I live on Long Island but have a home in PA. I am 47, I have several pets 3 dogs, a pet pot belly pig, a horse, some gerbils and a pet rat. I raise Japanese quail, and some meat rabbits.

I am a prepper at heart and for those who don't know about the world of prepping it's about being prepared for emergencies in life. Some will say that a "prepper" are people who prepare for the "end" or "doomsday" etc, but that is just a handful, most prep for everyday life, hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes  economic down falls, and health changes in ones life, just to name a few. Prepping has evolved so much, old skills such as homeopathic remedies, gardening, raising livestock, butchering, foraging, tanning, handling firearms, communication, hunting, schooling, woodworking, and so many more skills lost to today modern world are getting a breath of fresh air.

I am not one to think the modern way is wrong, it's not, in some ways modern ways are far safer than old ways. Knowing both makes you a very adaptable person. Balance is a very hard life to lead. Every person should know their strengths and weaknesses and be able to accept them. Pride can make so many hurdles in life as can dependence. In life their are loners and people who need a village. Each type of person brings knowledge. 

Can you imagine life without what most of us have today? running water? electric? gas? oil? Would you know how to survive? could you survive? I have seen several times what many do in crisis, and it's humbling and make those who know about prepping thankful. Having the knowledge to get by during a challenge in life is a very powerful tool. 

I think of a joke told to me many years ago and it goes something like this:

An old God fearing couple was watching the news one night, when they saw the forecast to evacuate their area due to severe weather headed their way, They held their hands and prayed to God to be saved. As the weather got worse they heard a knock on the door, when they opened the door there stood a police officer telling them to evacuate, they refused and stated "God will save us". The waters flooded their house and they fled to the second story of their home, later a knock on the windows, there was a fireman on a ladder pleading with them to come with him, and again the old couple refused stating "God will save us", Finally they sought refuge in their attic when part the roof came crashing down, in peered a solider, again the old couple refused to leave again stating "God will save us" and they bowed their heads and prayed. The next morning the old couple found themselves standing at the gates of heaven, when the gates opened they asked God why he had not saved them?, He replied "I sent you a police officer, a Fireman, and A Soldier what more did you want?"....

I am sure this is not word for word but the point is sometimes what you need is right in front of you, you just have to be open to the answer.




2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland. Looking forward to your adventures.
    Dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dragonfly! can you list your blog? I want to make a page of fellow bloggers

      Delete